Force Friday Bladebuilder Lightsaber
The Force hit hard today
Force Friday changed the world today. Over the last 72 hours global unboxings have been taking place on some of the world’s best unboxing YouTube channels to unveil Disney and Lucasfilm’s latest Star Wars: The Force Awakens merchandise. This was an unveil like the world has never, ever, ever seen before. And why shouldn’t it have been… when the Force is with you, anything can happen. So, I have been going cray watching these unboxings for the last two days and let me tell you… the feels are here, and they’re here to stay. And just to make sure I’m spreading the feels (and the force) I teamed up with my awesome posse of Disney mom bloggers to bring you a fun review of each unboxing video. I chose the Bladebuilder Lightsaber unboxing because I think this is just the raddest toy for a kid (and a grownup). On Sunday I’ll be posting a roundup of all the bloggers’ reviews, so check back!
You can watch the Bladebuilder Lightsaber Jedi Master Playset Unboxing here:
Oh-em-gee! Can you even?! This is lightsaber action like we’ve never even imagined and our kids get to experience it! Heck, I’m getting one of my own! I was so excited about this video I went straight to Target to see it for myself.
Gauge had a blast playing with the lightsabers that were out. When he realized the Bladebuilder Lightsaber play set was not just any lightsaber, but one that could be changed around, he was sold!
This thing is super cool with tons of configurations and sounds. I can not wait for Santa to bring it for Christmas!
There were a lot of really cool finds at Target. Even by the time we got there (after school on Friday) there was a pretty good bit of stuff left. There were two things I practically had to peel out of my own hands though. Let me tell you, it was tough!
About Force Friday Global Unboxing Event
We’ve been working closely with the filmmakers to bring the characters and storylines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens to life through an exciting array of products, and we’re thrilled to share them with fans around the world,”
-Leslie Ferraro, Co-Chair, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media and President, Disney Consumer Products.
Starting in Sydney and ending at Lucasfilm headquarters in San Francisco, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media hosted an epic global live event to unveil key Star Wars: The Force Awakens products. Fans who tuned in to the Star Wars YouTube page were able to see the following toys unboxed by top digital stars from the Maker Studios network:
- Sydney: Star Wars BladeBuilders Jedi Master Lightsaber toy from Hasbro
- Tokyo: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Big Figs(31” and 48”) from JAKKS Pacific
- Hong Kong: Hot Wheels® Star Wars character car assortment and Escape from Jakku™ Starship playset from Mattel
- Seoul: LEGO Star Wars Poe’s X-Wing Fighter™
- Paris: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Kylo Ren Lightsaber, a Disney Store exclusive
- Madrid: Star Wars Micro Machines First Order Star Destroyer from Hasbro
- Berlin: LEGO Star Wars Kylo Ren’s Command Shuttle™
- London: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Elite Series die-cast figure assortment, a Disney Store exclusive
- Rio de Janeiro:Star Wars Black Series 6” figure assortment from Hasbro
- ‘Good Morning America’ (New York): LEGO Star Wars Millennium Falcon™ and Star Wars BB-8 from Sphero
- Toronto: Star Wars Remote Controlled Millennium Falcon Quad and X-Wing Starfighter from Air Hogs, Spin Master
- Chicago: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Role Play for kids exclusive to Disney Store
- Mexico City: Star Wars First Order Stormtrooper Deluxe NERF Blaster from Hasbro
- San Francisco: Star Wars Battle Action Millennium Falcon from Hasbro
- Los Angeles: Star Wars: The Force Awakens Poe Dameron’s X-Wing Vehicle from Hasbro
Additionally, fans tuning in to watch ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ on ABC were treated to a fun product reveal with Jimmy and his security guard sidekick Guillermo, showcasing Star Wars: The Force Awakens Voice Changing Masks exclusive to Disney Store.
Toys are cool but I love the function items!
Don’t get me wrong, I have a collection of toys in my office, but I love the functional items. I literally get geekified when I see a Star Wars mug, shirts, pajamas, decor and more. Even more, I love the Star Wars food they have coming out. I’ve been buying the cereal for weeks now! I’m like a kid in a candy store when it comes to things I can use around the house.
Disney has put out a wide variety of products including apparel for all members of the family, home décor, lifestyle accessories, books and more. New Star Wars products can be found around the world at specialty retailers, such as Amazon.com, Kohl’s, Target, Toys “R” Us and Walmart, as well as Disney Store and disneystore.com.
Highlights from the Star Wars merchandise line found in the U.S. include:
- Disney Store exclusive merchandise role play items, talking action figures and figure play sets, along with themed apparel, tech accessories, mugs, journals and more
- J. Crew apparel for men, women and kids featuring the fan-favorite “Chewie, we’re home” scene of Chewbacca and Han Solo from the Star Wars: The Force Awakens teaser trailer
- A Star Wars collection of Rock & Republic® misses apparel and Mighty Fine juniors apparel offers female fans graphic tees, leggings, sweatshirts, hoodies and dresses available at Kohl’s
- The ultimate Millennium Falcon children’s bed from Pottery Barn Kids, looking like something seen from a galaxy far, far away
- A villainous take on home merchandise featuring new characters from the Dark Side, such as First Order Stormtroopers and Kylo Ren available at JCPenney
Don’t worry there’s more to come so save your milk money!
An additional wave of products will be released closer to the film’s debut, when fans will be able to find additional items featuring the newest characters, including Rey, Finn, Kylo Ren, Captain Phasma, BB-8 and more. On December 18, a Play Set based on Star Wars: The Force Awakens will become available for Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition, the latest installment of the best-selling “toys-to-life” video game from Disney Interactive.
Star Wars is in theaters on December 18th! Missed the trailer see it here:
Geeking out to the film date? Get your app on!
What are you dying to get from the new Star Wars line?