I’m still coming down from the epic fairy tale adventure I had at the Cinderella Premiere. The buzz hasn’t worn off and to be honest, I hope it sticks around for awhile. About two things I am now certain. I am a princess, and I love red carpet fashion. Hollywood hasn’t seen the last of me.
When I first found out I would be attending the red carpet Cinderella Premiere (and after my heart attack), I stressed. Big time. If ever there was a time to say,
What should I wear?”
This was that time. Right away my readers started saying things like, “I can only imagine what you will wear” and “you have to go all out, you’re The Fairytale Traveler”. Yeah so like, no pressure there!
There were definitely some challenges when planning my look. Here are the first things that came to mind:
- I don’t want to over do it
- I don’t want to look like I’m going to prom
- This isn’t the Oscars
- I don’t want to look like a bridesmaid
- I want to be comfortable, feel sexy, and confident
- I have to play into the Cinderella theme
- Elegance and sparkle are a must
I’ll admit it was quite the laundry list. Oh and I’m not a high paid celebrity who can wear 30k couture so that was also out of the question (although a girl can dream). I panicked, scrambled, and searched online for two weeks (in that order with intermittent panicking and scrambling) until it all came together for a fabulous Cinderella Premiere look that I already miss.
My Cinderella Premiere Look
From top to bottom:
- Hair jewelry – A clip on vintage earring in pony (search antique stores) $10
- Earrings – Recycled from my bridal jewelry (purchased online in 2009 at wholesale) under $10
- Necklace – Recycled from my bridal jewelry (bridal gift from Dillard’s 2009)
- Brooches – All vintage (search antique stores) $30.00
- Ring – Forever 21 Find it here $4.90
- Heels – Lulu Townsend by DSW Find them here $24.94
- Heel clips – Clip in vintage earrings (search antique stores) $15.00
- Bracelets – Gifted by JCPenney at the Glam Ball
- Lace shirt – Forever 21! True story! Find it here $13.80
- Cami – Express Find it here $14.90
- Tutu – American Blossoms custom tutu (sponsored) but they usually run $54.00
- Hair and Makeup done by the fine stylists at JCPenney for the Glam Ball! (get the deets here). Note: I wore a clip in hair extension of human hair. I just used one medium-sized row. You can buy these at your local Sally’s Beauty for about $119 BUT look for a coupon and get 20% off. I love these locks, I’ve had them for years. You can heat and shampoo them too!
After all the fussing and gussing, the look was a hit. I got loads of compliments on my tutu (still getting them). This was a bold move for me. It could have been an EPIC fail. Lucky for me my Cinderella Premiere look was an epic perfect (but not without the help of American Blossoms, JCPenney and Atlanta’s premiere fashion blogger, Tami Reed). Thanks to them, I pulled it off!
Missed the Cinderella Trailer See it Now!
This event was made possible by Walt Disney Pictures. Walt Disney paid full travel expenses for me to go to Hollywood and attend the Cinderella Premiere. All opinions are my own.