Now you know I’m not much of a cook, but when it comes to baking watch out! It’s because I’m half unicorn, I only like sweets. I wanted to find something uber cute and easy enough to make with your little one(s). That’s why I came up with this insanely yummy Valentine’s Day Heart Cookies recipe. It’s always nice to set some time aside to make some cookies (I say there’s always time to make cookies). And these are pretty on the plate and tasty in the belly!
Whether you’re baking for a special someone, for the kids or for the class, this is a super fun and easy recipe anyone can do (and everyone will love that you did). Let’s go! For more really fun recipes check out my favorite nerdy kitchen here.
Valentine’s Day Heart Cookies Recipe
Now this is really easy. You don’t have to have tons of wonder woman experience in the kitchen, just basic baking knowledge and you’re all set.
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 drop pink food coloring
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Cup conversation hearts
- Preheat your toaster oven for cookies to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl, mix together your cake mix, eggs, baking powder, food coloring, and vegetable oil
- Add 1/2 cup of conversation hearts and fold in with a spatula
- Scoop out your batter with a spoon and roll into small balls
- Place your cookie dough balls onto your parchment paper lined baking sheet
- Press about 3 candy hearts neatly into the top of your dough balls
- Cook for 10 minutes
- When you take your cookies out of the oven, press each one down with the bottom of a glass or cup gently
Now dig into these awesome little love tokens! And don’t forget to save some for your special someone! This Valentine’s Day Heart Cookies is sure to be a sweet addition to anyone’s day or classroom party. Happy baking!