The following is my personal Young Living essential oils review. I was recently approached by a Young Living essential oil distributor to try out a travel kit. My chief complaints while traveling; headaches, jetlag, focus, and immunity.
When she first began to tell me about the product I’ll admit I was not a believer, but then I got to thinking of age-old aromatherapy and how it has a history of calming and relieving stress and headaches. So, I was willing to give it a try.
She gave me a travel-size USB orb diffuser and 4 essential oils; Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon and Thieves in small travel-sized jars. This is my review along with helpful info to understand the product.
What are essential oils?
Young Living essential oils are concentrated, natural, aromatic liquids that are extracted from shrubs, flowers, trees, roots, fruit, and seeds. Plants depend on essential oils to grow, evolve, and adapt to their surroundings.
They also play an important role in defending against insects, disease, and harsh environmental conditions. They have the ability to heal the plant. Since plant cells are similar to human cells, pure, unadulterated essential oils have the ability to bring our bodies back into balance and support a healthy immune system.
NOTE: There is some confusion about CDB and essential oils. And we totally understand why as CBD recently became more and more popular in Tennessee. You might also get familiar with this cannabinoid by checking all the benefits these health supplements are offering – More details on Daily Leaf.
So how do they work?
To understand how essential oils work we need to get into a bit of chemistry. When the oils are carefully distilled from the plants, their chemistry remains intact.
There are 14 main categories of constituents found in essential oils. A few examples of these constituents are alkanes, phenols, monoterpenes, and sesquiterpenes.
Some of these have antiseptic qualities, some have immune support qualities, some help balance hormones and some are more antifungals, etc.
Here are the deets on the travel oils I chose:
- Apply to temples, pillow, and bedding for restful sleep
- Apply to hands and feet to inspire a positive emotional state
- Apply to bug bites and burns
- Lemon consists of 68 percent D-limonene, a powerful antioxidant
- Diffuse to inspire creativity and mental clarity
- add a drop to a glass of water for a refreshing drink that can support a healthy nervous system and cleanse your skin
- Mix with baking soda and apply to a sponge for citrus-scented cleaning
- One of the oldest and most highly regarded herbs for soothing digestion – 1 drop peppermint with 4 drops carrier oil on the belly, rub in a clockwise motion
- Diffuse to combat mental and physical fatigue and give you a renewed feeling of vigor and vitality
- Apply a drop to the palm of the hand, rub together and inhale to help clear stuffy nose
- Add a drop to create minty desserts or cocktails
- Diffuse to eliminate unpleasant odors in the air
- Apply to feet with a carrier oil or add 1 drop Thieves with 4 drops olive oil to capsule and take 1 a day to support the immune system
- Thieves Cleaning line is a great substitute for harsh chemical cleaners
- Check out Thieves oral care products
- lavender 15ml wholesale $23.50 retail $30.92
- lemon 15 ml wholesale $11.25 retail $14.80
- peppermint 15 ml wholesale $21.50 retail $28.29
- thieves 15 ml wholesale $33.75 retail $44.41
- USB orb diffuser wholesale $34.75 retail $45.72
So I would’ve paid somewhere in the home of $175.00 USD for this travel kit at retail. There is of course the much cheaper option of $125.00 USD wholesale.
My Overall Conclusion on the Young Living Essential Oils Product:
I liked the multiple ways you could use the oils. I found that to be very convenient while traveling. I liked the aroma of all of them. I took them to avoid getting sick from traveling (picking up germs), getting a headache from traveling, to get on the right sleep schedule as quickly as possible, and to stay focused and charged while on a busy 5 day press trip in another country abroad.
I can’t tell you data to support whether or not these oils worked, but I can say I did not get sick at all. I did not get one single headache the entire length of my trip.
I stayed focused and was able to publish 4 articles while there for 5 days (something I have always struggled with before). I went had no sleeping problems while in the new time zone.
I’ll be taking this kit to Norway tomorrow for sure.
How to get a wholesale account
- Visit a distributor website like this one
- Pick your fave starter kit (I recommend The Premium Starter Kit $150 because it includes The Everyday Oils collection (Ten 5ml essential oil bottles: lavender, lemon, peppermint, frankincense, tea tree(melaleuca alternifolia) panaway, purification, thieves, stress away, joy) a diffuser, 5ml bottle of citrus fresh Essential Oil, a roller fitment and many samples).