Planning a trip to California and Disneyland is always an exciting time. There’s so much to look forward to, whether it’s the rides, the food, or the wonderful hotels. Keep reading for some great advice on what to do with your car when traveling to Disneyland and for Disneyland parking options.
Disneyland parking options
However, before you can get excited about the park itself, you need to get there. Perhaps you may be wondering:
- Should I drive myself?
- Should I call an Uber?
- What will I do with my car at the airport?
How to Get to The Airport — Your Own Car or an Uber
Getting to the airport is often one of the most stressful parts of a trip. The last thing you want to do is miss your flight, but you also don’t want to spend all your money on an Uber to the airport. When deciding to take your car or an Uber, there some things you should keep in mind:
- How far is my house from the airport? The farther your house from the airport, the most expensive an Uber ride could be. If you live in San Francisco, long term parking could cost you as little as $10 a day, while a one-way Uber trip to the airport could cost $40-50.
- What time is our flight? If your flight happens to be late at night or early in the morning, it may be difficult to get an Uber at those times. And keep in mind your luggage!
- Is Uber reliable? When taking Uber, you have to account for time lost if your driver is to get lost, cancel, or if there’s traffic.
- How many people will be traveling with me? If you have a bigger group, an UberXL could be an extra $18-$20 on top of the fare.
Long-Term Airport Parking — Is It Safe?
If you decide to drive your car to the airport, you’ll want to look into long term airport parking options. Although most airport parking is secure, there are additional precautions you can take to protect your car. And if you leave your car at LAX airport as your Disneyland parking choice, here are some things to consider.
- Indoor Parking – Many airports offer indoor parking to keep cars out of the elements and away from wandering eyes.
- Choose a Garage with Surveillance – Many long term parking lots have security personnel available 24 hours a day. Video surveillance is often used via closed caption TV’s to keep a closer eye on every part of the parking lot.
- Out of Sight, Out of Mind – Travelers can help secure their cars by keeping their vehicles free of valuable possessions. If you must have valuables in your car, keep them out of sight or use a car cover. A cover would make it much more difficult to access your car, and security would see them long before they made it inside.
How to Find The Best Long-Term Airport Parking — Way.com
If you’d like to ensure that you find the best long term airport parking in your area, there is a parking app that can help guide you in your search. Way.com allows you to input your airport and the dates that you will be traveling, and gives you several different parking options. Many of these parking lots even offer free shuttles for your convenience! They provide reviews from real travelers that can help to put your worries at ease.
If you feel that using long-term airport parking for your trip is the best choice for you, don’t hesitate to head to Way.com and book your parking spot. It’ll save you valuable time and money in your travels.