If you’re looking for the best UAE credit cards for travel perks then you’re probably the kind of person who likes to save money and get perks when they travel. After all, there is no better cure to a sedentary lifestyle and the monotony of daily work than travel. The best travel credit cards make travel even more enjoyable, offering huge discounts on expenses and access to exclusive events in foreign lands.
But with the plethora of travel cards available in the UAE today, it takes a very lucrative travel credit card offer to catch the eye. Stack points with budget flights and you can really score some serious deals! We have compiled a list of some of the best UAE credit cards for travel, with unbelievably generous travel credit card offers to match. For more travel tips, be sure to subscribe so you never miss a post!
The Best UAE Credit Cards for Travel Points and Perks
If you aren’t familiar with the ways that travel points work it’s very simple. You use a card to make a purchase and you get points in return that add up to things light flights, seat upgrades, even hotel nights, car rentals and more. A lot of cards also offer complimentary upgrades when seats are available, free checked baggage, priority boarding and discounts on in-flight purchases. Of course, you want to make sure you have your credit scores in order to get the best cards possible and always use your cards responsibly as not to find yourself in debt.
HSBC Travel Credit Card Offers
Not only does HSBC provide one of the best travel credit cards in the UAE, but it also offers access to the Air Miles rewards program.
HSBC Black Credit Card
Offered in a sleek all-metal design, the HSBC Black travel credit card offers cardholders membership into the Air Miles program, which can be redeemed for flight tickets, hotel bookings, retail purchases and more. The travel credit card offers applicable on the HSBC Black credit card are:
- New cardholders receive a welcome bonus of 200,000 air miles.
- Cardholders can earn an additional anniversary HSBC Black travel credit card offer of 100,000 air miles on renewing their membership (from the 2nd year onwards).
Citibank Travel Credit Card Offers
Citibank is home to two of the best travel credit cards in the UAE. They are as follows:
Emirates-Citibank Ultima Card
As an Emirates partnered card, the Citibank Ultima travel credit card offers cardholders membership into the Emirates Loyalty program – Skywards Miles. The travel credit card offers available on the Citibank Ultima card are:
- New cardholders can enjoy a welcome bonus of 25,000 Skywards Miles.
- Cardholders also receive 10,000 Skywards Miles on renewing their membership at the end of the year.
Citi Premier Card
When it comes to the best travel credit card in the UAE, the Citi Premier Card provides a bevy of travel benefits such as travel insurance, airport lounge access, dining discounts and more. The Citi Premier travel credit card offers are:
- New cardholders receive AED 400 of a statement credit on joining.
- Cardholders are also eligible to have their first year’s annual membership fee completely waived.
Emirates NBD Travel Credit Card Offers
As suggested by the name, the Emirates NBD travel credit cards offer membership into the Emirates Skywards Miles loyalty program. Emirates NBD offers two travel card variants:
Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite Credit Card
The Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite is categorized as one of the best travel credit cards in the UAE due to its incredible travel discounts and rewards. The travel credit card offers on this card are:
- New cardholders can earn up to 100,000 Skywards Miles on joining.
- Cardholders receive an Emirates Skywards Silver membership, which allows them to earn bonus Skywards Miles and avail of benefits such as extra baggage allowance, priority check-in and more.
- The Emirates NBD Skywards Infinite travel credit card offers cardholders a Rotana Rewards Exclusive Club membership for the first year. The Rotana club membership gives members discounts on food, beverages and room bookings.
Emirates NBD Skywards Signature Credit Card
The Skywards Signature variant of the Emirates NBD travel credit cards offers cardholders various travel and lifestyle benefits and offers new cardholders a joining bonus of AED 300 statement credit.
- New customers can earn up to 40000 Skywards Miles on joining.
- As owners of one the best travel credit cards offered by Emirates NBD, cardholders get membership into the Skywards Miles loyalty program. Skywards Miles can be redeemed as tickets and upgrades for flights in Emirates and many more partner airlines.
Cardholders also receive complimentary and unlimited access to hundreds of airport lounges across the globe, as well as around the clock medical and travel assistance.
ADIB Travel Credit Card Offers
ADIB partnership with Etihad Airways resulted in the creation of some of the best travel credit cards in the UAE for customers who prefer the use of Shariah-compliant Islamic Banking cards. The ADIB Etihad travel credit card offers and benefits are as follows:
ADIB Etihad Platinum Card
The Platinum ADIB Etihad travel credit card offers access to the Etihad Guest Miles loyalty program and numerous other saving opportunities on travel expenses.
- Cardholders are enrolled into the Etihad Guest Miles program, which allows them to redeem their earned Miles for flight tickets and upgrades. Additionally, card members can also unlock membership into the Etihad Guest Gold tier program that allows them to earn miles even faster.
- A one-time welcome travel credit card offer gives customers 50,000 Etihad Guest Miles on joining.
- What makes this one of the best travel credit cards in the UAE is its unique companion ticket offer. Cardholders receive a complimentary companion ticket to any destination in the world on meeting a yearly spend requirement of AED 150,000.
ADIB Etihad Gold Card
As a second variant to the ADIB Etihad range of cards, the Gold Etihad ADIB travel credit card offers:
- A welcome bonus of up to 35,000 Etihad Guest Miles for newly joined customers.
- Enrolment into the Etihad Guest Miles program, a chance to earn membership into the Etihad Guest Silver tier program and the opportunity to get a complimentary companion flight ticket. Miles are redeemable for retail purchases, flight tickets and more.
- Two complimentary visits to lounges at hundreds of airports across the world.
ADIB Etihad Classic Card
The low annual fees applicable on the ADIB Etihad Classic card make it one of the best travel credit cards for customers on a budget who enjoy traveling.
- New joiners get 10,000 Etihad Guest Miles as a welcome bonus.
- Cardholders are provided membership to the Etihad Guest Miles frequent flyer program, which allows them to unlock benefits such as free flight tickets, tour packages, electronics purchases and more.
- Owners of this travel credit card can even redeem their miles for waiver of the card’s annual membership fee.
Emirates Islamic Travel Credit Card Offers
As the second Islamic Banking organization on our list, Emirates Islamic offers one of the best travel credit cards that is created exclusively for Emiratis.
Emirates Islamic Emarati Credit Card
The Shariah-compliant Emirates Islamic travel credit card offers the following benefits:
- Owners of this travel card receive enrolment into the EI SmartMiles loyalty program. EI SmartMiles can be redeemed for flight tickets and retail purchases or even transferred to loyalty programs of other airlines such as Jet Airways and Etihad Airways.
- This travel credit card offers new customers a welcome bonus of 25,000 EI SmartMiles.
- Cardholders can enjoy unlimited free-of-charge access to numerous airport lounges anywhere in the world and stay protected during their travels with complimentary multi-trip travel insurance.
While most card issuers provide welcome offers and joining bonuses as temporary incentives to lure customers, the best travel credit cards offer new and exciting discounts all throughout the year. It is always helpful to hold a thorough comparison of the various travel credit card offers before picking a card. Go ahead, earn those points! And stop by the Fairytale Traveler Instagram page for travel ideas so you can use them.