I think it’s safe to say Orlando is the ultimate theme park destination. Many tend to associate Orlando with a certain mouse, but I think we can all agree Universal Orlando is where it’s at. I mean, where else can you go to ride the Hogwarts Express, blast aliens, or Hulk out on one of the coolest roller coasters ever? Only at Universal Orlando, of course, and now they’re adding their third theme park to the mix: Universal Orlando Volcano Bay.
Universal Orlando Volcano Bay
Pretend you’ve escaped from Orlando and have landed at a lush, tropical oasis in the Pacific isle. In the distance, a colossal volcano rises above a sparkling beach, boasting majestic waterfalls by day and blazing lava by night. That is what it’s like to step foot into Universal Orlando Volcano Bay. This innovative water theme park is a whole new type of experience that will give you even more to enjoy on your vacation.
Universal Orlando Volcano Bay will have 18 unique attractions in 4 themed areas. Whether you seek something fast and daring or if you just want to float and relax, they have it all. Some of the revealed attractions include a multi-dimensional wave pool, sandy beaches, and a slide that drops from the top of the volcano. There’s even a state-of-the-art attraction that will be revealed soon. The best part is – you don’t have to drag your rafts up to the top of the slides! I can’t even tell you how exciting that is for me. Lets just say carrying rafts and your kid at the same time is not so fun.
Volcano Bay Four Themed Areas
The 200-foot volcano, Krakatau, will lie at the heart of the park, inviting guests to venture through its hidden caverns and cascading waterfalls.
- A state-of-the-art marquee attraction found only at Volcano Bay. More details will be announced later.
- Three distinctive body slides found at the rear of the volcano, which start off with surprise doors that drop out from beneath guests:
- Ko’okiri Body Plunge: A racing, 70-degree drop that will plummet 125-feet through the center of Krakatau. It will be the world’s first slide to travel through a pool filled with guests
- Kala and Ta Nui Serpentine Body Slides: Two intertwining slides where guests will fall freely along 124 twisting feet.
- Punga Racers: A high-speed race through four different enclosed slides featuring manta-shaped mats.
Located at the base of Krakatau, Wave Village will be home to:
- Waturi Beach: A sparkling, multi-directional wave pool where guests can swim, relax on the sand or indulge in private, one- or two-story cabanas.
- The Reef: An adjacent leisure pool will provide guests with calmer waters and exciting views of riders speeding through the Ko’okiri Body Plunge.
Named for the peaceful river that snakes through it, River Village will feature unique attractions for the entire family, including:
- Kopiko Wai Winding River: A gentle, winding river that will pass through the volcano’s hidden caves, featuring spontaneous water effects and special nighttime lighting.
- Tot Tiki Reef: A whimsical toddler play area with spraying Maori fountains, slides and a kid-size volcano.
- Runamukka Reef: A three-story water playground inspired by the coral reef overflowing with twisting slides, sprinklers and more.
- Honu: An adventurous, multi-passenger raft ride that will soar across two giant, sloped walls
- Ika Moana: A twisting, multi-passenger raft ride that will glide across bubbling geysers.
Exhilarating thrills await guests in Rainforest Village, including:
- Maku: North America’s first “saucer ride” – sending multi-passenger rafts speeding around three saucer-shaped curves.
- Puihi: A breath-taking multi-passenger raft ride that will plunge guests into darkness before bursting into a funnel and launching into a zero-gravity drop.
- Ohyah and Ohno Drop Slides: Two twisting, adrenaline-pumping slides that launch guests four- and six-feet above the water at the end.
- TeAwa The Fearless River: An action-packed, racing torrent river where guests hang tight in their inner tubes amidst roaring, whitewater rapids.
- Taniwha Tubes: Four unique Easter Island-inspired slides with rafts for single or double riders.
- Puka Uli Lagoon: A tranquil pool where guests can swim and relax.
I have visited many a water park, but none quite like this. Universal Orlando is truly a pioneer in creating magic at their theme parks. They have had an incredible line up of new rides and attractions recently and Volcano Bay will undoubtedly be a huge success. I am so ready to check out Universal Orlando Volcano Bay!