Travel can be a real downer for your fitness goal party. Take it from me. I’ve spent the last five years writing, traveling and gaining. But one has to be in tune with their health enough to take control, and this top ten list will help you do just that. Stephan Greco, the owner of Greco Fit, is a certified (ACE) personal trainer. I had the chance to ask him a few questions about wellness and how we can all pull it together this Valentine’s Day without sacrificing the wine and chocolate. Here’s what Stephan had to stay about staying fit on your romantic trip.
Stay fit on Trips – Because Travel is Awesome But so is Wine and Chocolate
“What are the top 10 things people can do to stay fit on a Valentine’s Day trip without ever entering a gym and still eating chocolate and drinking wine?”
- Be sure to pack the right equipment – With some resistance bands, exercise dice, a jump rope, and sliders are an excellent option for the gym.
- Ignore the elevators – Request a room on a high floor and only take the stairs! You’ll get a great cardio workout and an amazing view!
- Get your blood pumpin’ and your muscles flexin’ in the morning – Workout early to jumpstart your metabolism.
- Enjoy a great breakfast – What you eat in the morning will help with cravings and give you the energy you need to tackle the day! Include eggs, oatmeal with raisins, and yogurt with fresh fruit, peanut butter and sliced banana on whole-wheat toast/bagel.
- Drink water – It fills you up and keeps you hydrated. You are sweet enough, so stay away from those sugary beverages.
- Eat smart during the day – No proper Valentine’s Day getaway is going to be without chocolate and wine, so be smart about how you eat during the day. There is no “honor” in the honor bar, as it’s full of overpriced empty calories.
- Pack smart snacks for your day – keep your metabolism chugging and keep hunger in check. Go with reduced fat string cheese, almonds, apples, protein bars, beef/turkey jerky.
- Walk as far and as often as possible – It’s Valentine’s Day so hold hands, sit on a bench and remember, kissing has burns calories too!
- Find things to do that don’t feel like exercise – Go dancing after dinner, How about a swim…How about skinny-dipping?
- No romantic getaway would be complete without romance – Get creative with positions that challenge flexibility, balance, strength, and stamina. It’s a win-win, every time!
About Stephan Greco
Stephan Greco is the owner of Greco Fit. He is a Certified Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise (ACE) and he wakes up every day committed to helping his clients achieve smart and sustainable fitness goals. His philosophy, known affectionately as “Greco Truth”, incorporates behavioral change challenges and offers nutritional support and guidance by working with nutritionists and dieticians to create healthy habits for long-term success.
Stephan recognizes that there is no “one size fits all” with fitness and it is his mission to make training truly personal by designing customized programs for each of his clients. Stephan offers a full range of services including one to one training, strength & endurance training, mobility & posture improvements, core conditioning, and group fitness classes.
When he’s not in the gym, you can find Stephan in the kitchen, getting dirty on an obstacle course, or paddle boarding in the ocean.
Follow Stephan on Social!