If you’re looking for some insight on the new Adobe Photoshop Elements and the new Premiere Elements 14 products then you’re in a great place. I’ve been using Adobe products for over 14 years now and I’ve seen a lot of evolution with the products. So sit back and relax while I tell you about my favorite parts about these new programs.
Photoshop has always been a go to for me but it was something you had to learn to use. I was self taught which took me years of time spent on post processing media. Now, as a busy blogger and vlogger, I have to be extremely wise with my time. My ultimate needs are to post process media for my blog posts and videos as fast and as simple as possible while still having a variety of creatives at my fingertips. Need I say, goal met.
Here are my favorite things about Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Right off the bat I knew it was smart!
- The photo bin always easy layering
- The built in grid shows you when you’re on center
- The bottom tray tools allow you to edit without having to move a bunch of stuff around
- The text sampling feature shows you in real time what your text will look like before you select (major time saver)
- In Quick mode there’s pre loaded filters which give your picture or graphic a pop
- Adjust the lighting / visual effects and balance is very easy in quick mode
- If you want to do something fancy and don’t know how, guided mode will show you exactly how to do it with step by step instructions. This is amazing!
- I can always toggle into expert mode and do things manually which is great
- I really love that the selector tool is more accurate. This is one of the BIGGEST time evaporators when you’re post processing media
- I can share right from the interface to social media!
I got to watch a webinar on how to use these new programs. I was already pretty well versed in the Photoshop Elements department, but still I wanted to see what was new. Something I had no Idea about was the organizer. Now I have all my media auto save to Google Drive so I can access it from anywhere in the world and so my assistants can use it. With Photoshop Elements organizing this by face, place and events is A LIFE SAVER for us! For someone like me who averages 4,000 pictures a month, this makes finding the right content to edit a breeze.
- The Elements line up is all about simplicity and sharing
- Great for organizing
- Great for beginners
Here are my favorite things about Premiere Elements 14
Let me just tell you editing film has been a nightmare for me. I am a PC user (and always will be) so there’s really not a lot out there unless you want to spent a lot of dough. Premiere Elements 14 is like a dream! It came at the perfect time, just as I am growing my son’s new YouTube channel. Before I was spending the entire day editing one video! Now I can get it all done in no time at all! That to me is BIG TIME VALUE!
- Everything is right there for you in either quick, guided or expert mode
- There are tons of cool preloaded movie tags, graphics, frames, titles and end credits
- The font options are awesome, really everything you need
- Sizing fonts and adding text is super easy
- Adding the audio is so easy it was TOO easy. Now I can fade in and fade out music with a click
- There’s complementary audio
- Videos share right to YouTube and other sites like Facebook with perfect aspect ratio options before you upload
- High resolution HD 4K movies for cinematic experience
- Cutting, adding transitions and deleting boo-boos is easy and a couple clicks
- Organization system makes finding files and content a breeze
Here’s the fun and easy video I made with Premiere Elements 14
Can I just say again that Adobe Elements and Premiere Elements 14 came just in the nick of time. I was at my witts end trying to use YouTube editor, almost about to bag on my son’s channel project all together. But now, with the new video editing software I can actually see this working. It’s such a time saver, and no classes needed. A total win!
Special thanks to Best Buy for sending me the Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 14. While they sent it for free, it in no way shapes my opinion of the product, it just makes bringing you the deets that much more affordable and that’s okay with me.