We were elated when we found out the Walking Dead would be returning to Universal Orlando for Halloween Horror Nights, but having Dracula Untold really put the nail in the casket. Universal Orlando Resort opens its 24th annual Halloween Horror Nights event tonight and all they have to say about it is,
You’ve been warned…”
The most terrifying Halloween event in the country will be scaring the ever-loving crap out of Florida residents and guests from afar all the way through November 1, 2014. Terror and horror-loving guests will be getting up close and personal to some of the most iconic names in horror alongside Universal Studios’ amazing cast of movie quality horror creatures.
Click here for a complete listing of the Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 24 event schedule.
Halloween Horror Nights 24 Features
After being named
Nation’s Best Halloween Event”
for seven years in a row by Amusement Today’s Golden Ticket Awards, one of the most upheld and prestigious awards in the amusement industry, Halloween Horror Nights 24 is pushing the limit, much to our delight. With eight fully immersive, terrifyingly real haunted houses, two live shows, and scare zones filled with hundreds of horrifying scareactors -you are bound to get horrified. You’ll be among some of pop culture’s greatest with:
- Halloween – Based on the classic 1978 slasher film by John Carpenter, the all-new haunted house follows the story of Michael Myers and brings you on a Halloween fright-night experience that will horrify you.
- The Walking Dead – All-new terrifying mazes recreate Season 4 of AMC’s hit TV series placing guests in the latest destination, Terminus. Guests will be fleeing from the overrun prison to the strange new territory to battle survival from flesh-eating walkers.
- Alien vs. Predator – The all new terrifying maze places guests in an epic and primal war between the universe’s most deadly species -created after the cult sci-fi franchise AVP: Alien vs. Predator.
- From Dusk Till Dawn – The popular TV series inspired this all-new maze and will have guests tormented by sordid mythological creatures known as “Culebras,” serpent-like vampires. Residing within the elusive and sinister nightclub, “The Twister,” located just over the Mexican border and above cursed ancient ruins, the “Culebras” are monstrous beasts ready to kill. A walk through the “Twister” will leave guests fending from an immoral cast including an exotic dancer, Santanico Pandemonium, a mysterious and irresistible “Culebras” femme fatale and Queen Vampire.
- Dracula Untold – The world’s most notorious vampire, Vlad Tepes, the real life 13th century ruler and inspiration for Bram Stoker’s Dracula comes to life in a terrifying new maze in line with the upcoming release of Dracula Untold October 10, 2014.
- The Purge: Anarchy – The debut of this terrifying new scarezone will greet vulnerable guests with pure unadulterated fear as masked vigilantes search for new victims.
- SyFy’s Face Off – In the Flesh – The best of gore and monstrous creations from Syfy’s hit competition series “Face Off” will be live and “In the Flesh” as terrifying creatures surround guests during an all new street experience from eerie scarecrows that go to great lengths to protect a spine-chilling farmland to ghoulish brutes that haunt dilapidated castle ruins.
- Even more original content – Horrifying original haunted houses of gore and cannibalism and even more horrors fill the streets of Universal Studios as guests are terrified by dark creatures and sadistic villains.
The Skinny on Going
Tickets are on sale now and range from $96. If you’re a pass member you get a serious discount ranging from $42 -$73 a ticket. If you’re a passholder you also have the option of getting a Frequent Fear Pass for just $74 which gets you access every Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday night. That’s a sweet gig if you’re planning to be in the area. The frequent Fear Plus Pass is $89 and that gets you into all the nights with an additional $15 charge for Fridays and Saturdays. ***Take it from me, a Halloween Horror Nights veteran and Florida resident / annual passholder -you’re waaaaay better off going on a weekday. The overall experience is better with shorter lines for haunted houses and beer (which is always a win)! ***Premiere passholders get free entry into select event dates (one entry).
Need a place to crash after the crap has been scared out of you? We recommend Cabana Bay Beach Resort.
For more information about Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights, visit www.HalloweenHorrorNights.com/Orlando.
This travel article is this week’s Sunday Traveler Feature!
Want to join the Sunday Traveler linky? Here’s how:
Check out another Sunday Traveler, Chasing the Donkey – Your Guide to Croatia
- Add The Sunday Traveler badge to your post & and a link back to one of the hosts. This helps to promote everyone’s hard work. Posts without these will be removed
- Follow your fave co-hosts. You can find me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook & Pinterest
- Link up your travel related posts (Opens 12PM EST) USE THE BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST!!
- View, comment and share on fellow bloggers links during the week
- Use the hashtag #SundayTraveler when sharing on social media
- Spread the word and come back next week!